Monday, September 19, 2011

We are love.

Love is nuts. Lemme just start out by saying that.

Okay. This is something that I have been thinking about a LOT lately, so I figured I would share my thoughts with the world! Isn't that what everyone wants to do when they've been thinking about something for a long time? ;) Seriously, though...is it really? Huh..

I have come to the conclusion that love is that thing inside of me that makes me move. It is a shapeshifter; one minute a floating feather, gently guiding me through the day. Then without warning, it turns into a fire breathing dragon that takes over my body with a fierceness the likes of which nothing can compare. Maybe a better word for the twisting dragon is passion. You can't have passion without love, right? What's the difference? Yes, we'll go with passion. Love is the fuel for passion, which makes me move. Voila!

Dragon! (Rawr)


Love also scares the shit out of me. Mostly because it's something that controls every bit of you, without your consent. A very important best friend-person in my life gave me some advice, actually referring to starting this blog. It went a little something like this:

"Jessica, there are a million reasons not to do something."

Ever since she slammed those words into my face, I have thought of them in a few different situations. And it works for every single one of them. Which is super freaky and awesome all at the same time. Sometimes you have to just push the "No's" and "But's" off of a cliff and run in the opposite direction. Allowing yourself to put your trust into whatever or whomever you love is a shot in the dark, but it's love. It doesn't necessarily care what your brain wants.

Sometimes I look at my ever growing piles of clothing and try to hate them. I glare and tell them that they cannot live here anymore and that I will send them away. But, I love clothing and fashion. I love being able to express myself through what goes onto my body everyday. No matter how much I try to hate it, I just can't. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with wanting to be an online vintage seller and think that I want to just give up, but the dragon won't allow it. And I'm thankful; because in the end it's all worth it because it makes me happy.

Going through a pile of vintage clothing to sell on Etsy.
And then there are people. Some people you are born to love, because they love (or should, otherwise, they're probably assholes) you. Parents, siblings, family, etc. Then there are the people who appear out of the blue and somehow you just know that you will do anything possible to keep them in your life. It may not be in the capacity of which you would like, but they will be there. You love them for who they are, no matter what. Is that not scary?

 Um. Yes. It is.
But what can you do other than take a deep breath and let the dragon take you on some of the best rides of your life?

There are a million reasons not to do something...



No comments:

Post a Comment