Saturday, September 24, 2011

Friday Finds!

My days seem to be running together a lot lately. Phew! Let's just start out with Thursday, since that's as far back as I can remember right now. 

Thursday, my awesome mom was feeling pukey (literally. Gross.), so I did a couple of things around the house while she snoozed her 24 hr bug off. Then I was routinely kidnapped by the boyfriend (the ever talented, Ben.), which consists of him calling me and creepily demanding me to get in the car while he waits outside. If you knew him, this wouldn't shock you at all. This was, however, the first thing he physically said to me outside of his workplace the first time we ever hung out. 
Yeah. Anyways. 
We headed over to his previously mentioned workplace, tormented his co-workers a little, and he ended up buying a nerf shotgun, as well as a "leather" (which is cheap plastic) satchel full of refills that clips onto your belt. 

For those of you wondering, he's 20. 

So, we decided to find a friend of ours and open a little friendly drive-by fire. We were highly successful, and the rest of the night consisted of the three of us eating Mexican food and driving down busy campus streets while yelling at random people. It's really awkward when one of those people turns out to be someone you were pretty good friends with when you were 10 and were re-united by way of your boyfriend yelling at them while at a red light. 

TODAY! FRIDAY! OH YES. This is how this gem of a day went down:

7 am waking up in the morning, gotta be fresh, gotta get downstai - oh. Umm. 

Ben and I had pizza for breakfast and watched stupid Youtube videos. Pretty regular day so far. Then my not so pukey (yay!) Mom drove me to the library where I volunteer on Tuesdays and Fridays so she could pick out some balloons for a friends birthday. It went super quickly. We delivered the unhappy Birthday Boy his balloons. Black balloons, cause he's a party pooper. He'll get over it :) 

THEN SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENED. We figured since we were by this awesome thrift store called Daisies and Olives, which we hadn't been to in years, we'd pop in and see what we could find. First off, the instant you walk through the door, you can smell the lovely handmade goats milk soap from one of the vendors. 
Secondly, this place is huge - 9,000 square feet of vintage goodness. 
Um. Yes.
I found a pretty sweet army hat and this thing of beauty below. Are you ready for this? ARE YOU?









I almost died. I literally saw it and gasped for life. I knew it had to be mine. 


Adorable cirlcles-making-circles pattern! GAH!


I was not expecting to walk away with this gorgeous 50s swimsuit today, but by George, I did. Isn't it perfect? I don't think I can get rid of it. Ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment